Search This Blog

Friday, April 13, 2007

Mcafee: ePo Clients not updating after ePo upgrade.

We upgraded Mcafee ePo 3.5.5 to 3.6.1 a few weeks ago. After the upgrade we noticed that our clients where not updating anymore. Only manual updates seem to work. We tried all kinds of stuff (reinstalling the clients and so on), but nothing seems to solve it permanently. I'm pretty sure the problem is caused by the software itself (Mcafee is to blame), and expect there will be a patch which will clear these issue's. In the meantime you can solve the problem by creating an Epo Client Update task. I configure this task to update the client every two hours, and all my clients are up to date. Not a blasting solution, but it gets the job done ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment