Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Winget Language incorrect

 While opening terminal, i was notified that a newer stable version of powershell had been released. So i ran the command to update Powershell in the Terminal using WinGet


I noticed that the language was in french. I searched the internet and came accros following post on GetHub:

winget is localized for my region, even when my UI-language is set to en-US · Issue #238 · microsoft/winget-cli (github.com)

Yet when i verified my language settings for my account, it was set to en-US as prefered display language. I then searched for a way to manage the language using powershell.

The command i came up with was Get-WinUserLanguageList.

When i got my lst i saw that i had two language Tags:

This gave me     an idea why Winget was in french.
I decided to remove the fr-BE language Tag from the list.
The Set-WinUserLanguageList is somewhat poorly documented, wherefore i needed to put some effect in removing the Franch Langeuage Tag. Succeeded to remove the language Tag by following code:

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList
$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "fr-BE"
$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)
Set-WinUserLanguageList $Langlist

And now language of winget appears in English:





No comments:

Post a Comment